Friday, November 5, 2010

Weeper of the House...

It's the hypocrisy and the double standard that gets me...

Personally, I have no problem with a person showing emotion.  I actually think that when someone does show genuine emotion, you can know that you're seeing the real them (unless they're a HELL of an actor, but let's face it, even a lot of actors aren't THAT good). 

Also, I have to admit that I myself am quite emotional (as I'm sure all who know me can attest) and I have even been known to get choked up over movies, TV shows (the West Wing especially), soap operas, news stories, heart-tugging commercials and even from hearing my favorite verse of "America the Beautiful". 


To be honest, I have to admit that in his position, I would probably have been about the same...overcome with emotion and weepy.  But in this campaign season, when a lot of GOP candidates were regularly advising their Democratic opponents to "Man Up", (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/43662.html) ... I can't imagine all the horrible things that would be being said about a Democrat who broke down like this during an acceptance speech.  Things that the Right has been calling the Left for YEARS...."weak", "effeminate", "wimp", "pathetic", "crybaby", "pansy", "sissy", and "wuss" all come to mind.  I can also easily imagine words like "undignified", "humiliating", "embarassing", and "inappropriate" being used as well. 

Between Boehner's weepy speech and all the other strange events of this campaign season, I honestly can't imagine what the other side would be saying if the tables were truly reversed...




It's the hypocrisy of the Right that sickens me...




To see Mr. Boehner's voting record, visit this link:  http://www.issues2000.org/OH/John_Boehner.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment